POW!



Ey up my bloggy chums!  I know…another post, almost becoming regular eh…trust me I’m as surprised as you are!

So it’s been a productive month work wise for me,  which is something of an achievement as on top of looking after Grany No.1 I’ve been tending to her mate and neighbour Granny No.2.  The woman is deaf as a post at the best of times but has had significant ear’ole issues since Christmas which has involved several trips to Doc’s and a gallon of olive oil.
Conversations between the pair of them are *interesting* at the best of times but now it’s all conducted at decibel 9 although curiously they can both hear the click of a kettle going on!


Anyway in amongst all of it i’ve been painting and stitching like the wind and though you might like to see my little robin who is currently winging his way to New York to take part in the Twitter Art Exhibit.

The exhibition is a fabulous event and open to all professional and amateur artists working in 2D medium.  I took part in last years which was based in Sweden and this year the event takes place in New York.
From the website: 
 "Twitter Art Exhibit: NYC is the sixth installment of an open international exhibition of handmade postcard art for charity, donated by hundreds of participating artists from around the globe.

Social media plays a major role in Twitter Art Exhibit. It is our intention to tweet, share, seed and promote our artists to thank them for their participation, and to make this event a huge success. 

The event will be highly publicized and well attended by art buyers and enthusiasts, members of the press, local artists and the community, as well as by the staff of Foster Pride and the young people they support."

This is my entry and is a particular favourite theme of mine!


Sorry but sometimes these things just have to be done...stitchy Batman and POW!


Stitchy details...


Watercolour and hand embroidery on textured watercolour postcards by Hahnemuehle.

This is an annual art exhibition for charity and is open to all artists, details of the exhibition can be found here if you’d like to join in!

I've been working on the postcards a lot lately and the following were Christmas gifts for my very special friends...

For Diane Tinker-Foster, THE soldering Queen of UK.  Diane will be holding her treasure token workshops at Hope and Elvis soon and I seriously recommend you to check them out!



For Tina Gilmore from Indigo Moon Workshops. Visit her fabulous shop for all things vintage and glorious and sign up for a workshop too: featuring artists such as Marna Lunt, Jessica Chorley and HensTeeth!


Speaking of HensTeeth! This one was for my stitchy best mate Viv :)


This one was for the equally gorgeous Nichola Hulmston the artist behind Nnneynoo.



I'm supremely blessed to count these ladies as my very good friends...this is us, all hanging around in the Hen'sTeeth Studio!! :)


L to R back: Tina Gilmore/Indigo Moon, Nichola Hulmston/NinneyNoo, Diane Tinker Foster/Hope&Elvis, Viv Slwika/Hen's Teeth.
L to R front: ME/MimiloveForever, Liesy-Lou Harris and Rebecca Evans

Ooo I bet you're all Robin'd out now!!  I also *do* other birds and animals though which can be found on my Etsy shop if you'd like a wee look .

As ever, stay groovy my bloggy chums and a BIG Mimi Loves to you!
Thank you for dropping’ by!
:)xx

Comments

Popular Posts