Sonic the Ironic Hedgehog

Sonic boom boy...sonic boom boom boy!



Allo darlin's how we all hangin' then...magnificently I hope?! :)

So this is 40 eh? Well if the past few days are anything to go by, I'm giving it back thank you very much...it's been a prickly old month so far...injections, blood tests, vampire hedgehogs, embroidery...it's had it all!

Ailing relatives, the loss of our beloved tabby chappy Babe to hyperthyroidism and now our other kitty, Mimi (THE Mimi...as in "MimiLove Forever") recent diagnosis of diabetes which has meant testing, injecting and a steep learning curve for us, it's not been the best of starts to this spanky new phase of my life...stress levels are as high as her blood sugar and vet bills!

Suffice to say the aforementioned visit to Woburn is well and truly on the back burner at least 'til both kitty and me are stable!

But if our brilliant new vet is helping kitty feel better then my most excellent flickr chum Dolores is taking care of my mental health and well being with her wonderous work, not only a prescription for general blues beating in the shape of her Shoggoth compadres but a birthday card/cake too...and let's face I LOVE DA CAKE! x:)


If you're not familiar with D's work then you really need to visit The Graphic Souk and have a good old wander through her magnificent imagination, I cannot recommend it or Dolores highly enough!



So in between hospital/vet/poor house trips I have managed to get a bit of painting in.



Now it's either a spooky coincidence or I'm a natural diviner of hedgehogs, cos there we were buggering about in the garden of a Sunday...can't really call what we do gardening, more thrashing around aimlessly with blunt instruments, but judging by the 3 million (roughly) sparra's and various pests n such, the wildlife seem to like it (neighbours are none too impressed but then we live nextdoor to a pub so it's hard to tell the difference sometimes)

Anyroad there we were, thrashing around, when wee this fella staggered out of a bush thing (technical latin garden term there)


Meet Mr. Humphries..."I vant to suck your blud!"


It was only a fleeting visit though, cos unlike Alan who just needed a few weeks of kitty dins and de-lungworming to get him back to the wilderness, this poor wee sod had a duff leg, so it was straight to vet next morn for some professional poking about
Anyroad we haven't heard how Mr.H is doing but I have finished my poking about with his painty counterpart, so here he is with all the stitching n stuff...



See him there getting ready for a bit of hibernating action in amongst the hand stitchy leaves...



He's just nestling down on his bed of glittery glass beads (ouch!) to catch a few zed's when... what the bleedin' hell that?!?!


It's only Sonic the soddin' Hedgehog shooting through racing off to me Etsy shop leaving a glittery gold trail in his midst...tsk...ruddy blue loonie!



Blasting from the pasting Westworld lyrics a-plenty...leaf one:
Cos I'm flying high
On a rocket in the sky





Leaf two:
SONIC BOOM BOY!
HA! SONIC BOOM BOOM BOY!


Heading for the Mimilove Emporium...a mince pie free zone for the time being at least unlike the supermarkets from 01st Sept!...I mean, you know me I'll have y' arm off for a cake/Christmas based morsel but c'mon!

Righto that's me then...I'm off to apply a few more Shoggoths to rest my achey brain and then I shall be starting work on a ferret with political leanings...stay tuned folks
Ta Ta for now my bloggy chums and thanks for droppin' by!
x;0)

Comments

Joanie Hoffman said…
Happy Birthday, fellow Virgo! and fellow animal lover, I should add.
Thanks for dropping by a couple of times. I'm having the old blogger or not blues. I was sorry to read about Babe and poor famous Mimi is ailing. Hope she's doing well now.
My sister's hedgehog, Massy, died last week, she had some sort of hedgehog leg disease and got PT every day until she died (wisely sister Jeanie stopped it after that.). blah, blah, I'm good for that! Take care and xoxox, Joanie
Adorable hedgehog artwork Mimi, love his sparkly eyes.

Glad that you're managing to look on the bright side despite such upsetting events recently. Am sending you wishes for lots of good luck from now on!! Lesley x
Carol Q said…
ooh a Virgo - compatible with me - a Capricorn. I never expected to see these 2 hedgehogs together. trust you to think of it. he's a gorgeous painting (the real one) and so cute. captured beautifully! hope all your ills are sorting themselves out now.
Lyn said…
SO glad you had a good birthday and you have a good heart. Sad to hear about your kittie cats but you are doing your best for Mimi and the wildlife in your garden.
Hope all is well and thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
love
Lyn
xxx
Tyggereye said…
Well I hope that there will be less needle sticking now, jeez.. I hate needles. :( Needle work should be left only to your masterpieces! This hedgie is so adorabley cute I can't stand it. I love him. I've always loved hedgehogs. One of my first stamps I ever carved was a hedgehog stamp. lol. Great work!!
Sweet Birdy Love said…
Hey Karen,sorry to hear you had a dose of the birthday blues, I hope things are starting to look a little rosier.
Always wondered how you came up with the name for your blog.......mystery officially solved.Glad to hear Dolores is helping keep the blues away, shall have to go and visit The Graphic Souk and see what's tickling your fancy!
Loooooove your little painted hedgie, so darn cute and your Sonic hedgie just fab. Ferret with political leanings can't wait to see that!

Ta for the email, much excitement to hear from you. Shall be sending one your way shortly.

Claire X
Jo said…
I just read that whole post and the one thing that stuck in my mind is that you live beside a pub?

Sorry about your pets. I hope things get better soon.

!!And Happy Birthday!!
Anonymous said…
ah,

stop yer whining,
wait till you get to 50. actually it wasnt unitil my 40's that I really got in the "zone" of my life - really strong inner core, so you have a lot to look forward to.

I lost both 17 year old kittys to hyperthyroidism - lots of care but hey you gotta die of something.

hedgehog looks like the possum that goes dumpster diving in our compost.
sometimes sarah said…
Awww!!!! I love Sonic!!!!!!!! I used to play that game so much!! Amazing as always!!
cristina said…
es super , como siempre...y ese toque de Sonic nos hace a las nostalgicas ese toque divertido, genial!
Kim said…
Geez your art is always inspiring and AWESOME!
Lesley Purcell said…
Really sorry to hear about your tabby pal, hope Mimi takes to her meds OK.
Fabulous hedgehog - can't wait to meet the political ferret :o)
ArtPropelled said…
So sad to read about Babe. They do break our hearts don't they?....but I wouldn't be without my animal children even though its so painful to lose them. Hope the birthday blues have flown the coop too and that your hyperthyroidism is being sorted.At least your art is on track and as wonderful as ever. Healing thoughts to you dear Karen.
ArtPropelled said…
P.S Hope the political ferret is still lurking. Looking forward to meeting him.
Laura Burch said…
Hey Mimi, I just found your blog and I love it! Your painting/embroidery technique is so unique and beautifully done. Consider me a new fan!
Laura
Laura Burch said…
Hey Mimi, I just found your blog and I love it! Your painting/embroidery technique is so unique and beautifully done. Consider me a new fan!
Laura
ewa-christine said…
So many nice photos, what a ART..........you must do a book and I think it will be the best.....!

Popular Posts