Le Coq au Doodle Dooo!

(titter)...as my mum used to say, pardon my french!

So. This latest piece is a commission from a lovely lady over in that there USA.
I urge you to visit her Etsy store as she makes the most gorgeous jewellery; all glittery and feminine with some vintage loveliness thrown in....gorgeous...go see!

I was pretty much given a free reign for this piece but with a few guidelines: colourful, possibly a bird, French theme and also incorporating a few personal bits and pieces too...so with a sweepy arm and a bow, I present...

...MonsieurCockerelthankyouverymuch...




I decided on a cockerel, cos as you may know, I do like a chicken and I'm particularly fond of the colours of this fine chap, all fiery reds & oranges against a deep bluey grey with whiffs of pink and lilacs

To the embroidery and don't spare the gigi's!



See Msr.Coq standing proud in front of the Eiffel Tower, all metally criss-crossy ironwork with a tri-color flickering in the breeze



The pair are nestled in amongst a silky rainbow of stitchy undergrowth all leafy and grassy, festooned with French knots (oh I'm on a roll now!)and a scattering of wee glass beads.



The wording includes lines from the musical An American in Paris (one of my all time favourites and quite fitting in this instance!) and also I love Paris in the Springtime


To keep him company...3 French Hens...including one sitting on her nest... possibly laying an oeuf?



Currently winging (eh! eh!) his way to his new home barring disasters, quarantine issues etc

I hope the recipients will like him in the flesh/feathers. In the meantime I can be found behind the sofa again, chewing my nails to the knuckle...arty crafty posty stress disorder!

Also in the news:
BONG!! Henny Bunny combo pop up on She Can't Decide (thank you for the mention!)

BONG!! Currently about to start on a new range of wooden heart pendants..watch this space..and wrestling with new themes for painty stichyness...I've got pigeons in my head...but also squirrels are still in there...really should get out more...

Tata for now and thank you for droppin' by
x;0)

Comments

Bonjour madameeeee!!!
Love him, he's great what a fantastic commission to have.
Looking forward to seeing new designs have you thought about a peacock?
Anyway enough of my waffle, hope your well.
Foggy and cold here :(booo!
Emma :)
Brook said…
Ohhh I love it! I love everything you do! you are so talented!
Jennie said…
Oh its fantastic. I hope it's owner loves it very much!!!
ArtPropelled said…
The owner is sure to love old Coq Au Vin there. You are a wonder Mimi!I love Spider Man as well!
Vibrant stitching Mimmi,so energetic.Wonderful!
Are you like that in real life?
Zoe-Est Studio said…
Lucky USA lady! Love the spider big time.I LOVE spiders xxx
Mieke said…
This is so beautiful!!!
Undaunted said…
This is fantastic! You just get better and better!
Unknown said…
coo-eee back at-ya!

seriously, that kind of tin eviction would have led to divorce in this house! although i would have to marry him first... ;)

btw, i'm so pleased i found you on flickr, your work is stunning! i love Monsieur Cockerel and Henny in you etsy shop... i'm saving my pennies as we speak :)

have a fab day and thanks for popping by,

emma
x

Popular Posts