Sunday, 12 October 2008

Typical!

So it's the hottest October on record EVER; windows are wide open, variety of petlife draped around the joint basking in shafts of sunnyness, I'm even considering getting me cozzie on... but what have I been doing? Yep...painting snow scenes...tsk!

Well anyroad, I'm on a roll and other half found a lovely Joanna Lumley documentary which involved the Northern Lights and Ponny the Penguin which got me by the inspirationals and wouldn't let go til I did summin' about it...

Is there anyone lovlier than Joanna Lumley? Ghurka supporting, vegetarian, animal loving, non-aging, top actress (hysterical in Ab Fab...and indeed Sapphire n Steel..oh yes!)...top posh totty in my book!

Anyroad...in a *Perry Como stylee

A beautiful sight...




We're happy tonight...



Walking in a Winter wonderland!



More watercolour and embroidery lunacy! Currently for sale over at Etsy with some of my other gubbins

*I know I was whinging about the whole Christmas thing in my last post...but this WAS Christmas for me as a nipper! :)

8 comments:

Gina said...

Love the latest painting... love Joanna Lumley too!

Andy Guo said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot. Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

hens teeth said...

Hello fruit
Brrrrrrr you can almost feel the icy coldness, it is so beautiful. Hope things have cooled at work a little and you have more time to do this unique and gorgeous work of yours.
x

queencraftygirl said...

I love the penquin painting, and all of your animal paintings! They are really neat!

Queencraftygirl

Joanie Hoffman said...

Your canvases are absolutely wonderful. What a great way to combine watercolor & embroidery.
I am in awe.
Happy days,
Joanie

Robyn said...

I loved Joanna Lumley as Purdey many moons ago. What was the show called? The Avengers?I think we even named a dog after her.

Love the painting!

Kayla coo said...

Hi mimi,
Hows you?
Love the festive feel.
I loved Sapphire and Steel! What was the name of the blonde chap...?
I will have to google that now!

'fancypicnic' said...

Ooh...so gorgeous!! Love, love love your work...scrumptious xx

sapphire and steel? Then you must mean David McCallum - gawd, I LOVED that show!!!